Thursday, April 22, 2010

Plate tectonics

Then it happened.

I was walking down the street and it hit me – realization of what I want and the steps I must take to get it.

The certainty was intense and undeniable. Then a feeling of intense joy came rushing in like a tidal wave, leaving my eyes wet and sparkling. I stopped and glanced around. No one else saw that everything had changed – all my internal tectonic plates finally clunking down into a new, steady configuration that fit just right.

Suddenly, finally, I know what I need to do, where I’m going with my life and why. It’s been almost a year and half since I could last say that with any certainty. What that realization is… well I’m not saying until it’s manifest, but I guarantee it will be unexpected.  Remember when I called myself anchorless in my first post? Well now I’m setting sail for unexplored vistas.

After my moment of revalation, serendipity came into play, as it often does: a couple days later I was hired to coordinate a volunteer mentorship program. The long term, permanent job I’d been waiting for, handed to me on a silver platter. I start in May, but I resigned from my current job early for some R&R. Next my dear friend invited me to spend a week at her condo on the Gulf of Mexico, I checked my miles, and sure enough I have more than enough to fly out.

Back in a week.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment