Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Unexpected Gift: 26/ Two-sicks/Too-six


“Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just... let it happen.”  Agent Cooper, Twin Peaks

Thanks to David Lynch, I also play this game with myself.  Each day, no matter how grim the task I might be tackling, I am looking for a unexpected “gift.”  This isn’t typically a gift in the commercial sense of the word – it’s almost never something I can hold in my hand.  I’m looking for the good.  I’m looking for the redemption. 
 
Today’s gift came to me from 26/Two-sicks/Too-six, a collective of brilliant street artists in my humble city.

Thank you 26.  Graffiti that gives instead of destroys.  Art that demands nothing in return.  Art that is not a commodity.  True subversion at its best.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
 
I am inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment